Thursday, June 17, 2010



~ dell inspiron mini 10 ~

having ordered d latesht dell net-book...i am again confronted by red tapism and procedural anomalies :(


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


after a long bout of deliberations with dad, and discussions with mom, i finally convinced them that it was high time i replaced the 8 year old, aged, desktop and laptop combo....alongwith the wires attached to the set that gives mom nightmares.... literally....followed by my own myriad investigations and researches....(the former took all of 4 minutes, 30 seconds.....the latter though, took me at least 3 weeks!!)...i decided upon the Dell Inspiron Mini 10 1012 net-book.

now, while my dear friend in d US was trying to convince me not to spend more than 15k on a net-book, as it -
1.does not have a disk drive ; 
2. has limited functionality ; 
3. has a very small and low-res screen ; 
4. etc etc :P

i had my own answers....

1.disk drive? who uses those on laptops these days? i know i don't. :P
2. limited functionality - welcome to 2 gig RAM, 1.8 Mhz processor, 320 gig HD. toss in a graphics processor, HD screen and HDMI. doubts anyone?
3. actually i answered that in no.2 already...but wat d heck....HD screen...1366 x 768 DPI....again....any questions? :P
4. wo tere paas hi rehne de techno babble :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then, i made the biggest mistake of my life...(ok of the year....month....err...week?? seriously....difficult to keep track of mistakes :P )... here's what happened - 

me : dad, m going to order the Dell Inspiron Mini 10 1012 net-book.

dad : are you sure it's the right one? have you looked through the market? how much is it going to cost? is Dell a reliable company? how many years do you forecast this new computer will last? .... O.o.....o.O....X(...:-SS...:-o etc etc.

me : yes to all the above dad! *bright beaming face trying to hide all d anger+irritation* (thinking that i should suggest dad join crime investigation....wait...would that get my net book faster to me? :P )

dad : ok fine. i will ask our dealer and see if it's available.

me : errr...actually , i got enough savings...i wanna buy it on my own.

dad : your younger generation doesnt know the value of savings....how much money do you have? *calls up investment advisor* haan...Mr.Investment Advisor....we have to invest *to me - kitne paise hai?* yeah....some 20 thousand in XYZ investments...

me : dino crap. t-rex crap even. (in my mind of course)

dad : yes, now that that's settled, i will tell our supplier to get that comp.



damn! damn! damn!
Why did i not just go and buy the net-book? :(

WHY! WHY! oh WHY!! :(


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after 2 weeks of "discussions" with his supplier that would give us a "discount" on the purchase....

dad :  we're getting the net-book at Rs. 21780!! ha! and you were getting it for Rs.22300! see how i save!

me : err....dad....does that include delivery charges?

dad : *war dialling supplier* eh! who'll tell me bout d delivery charges? you suppliers are one lot of thieves!! *etc...etc....*

me: *glee full look* so, i should order it online finally?

dad : yes.. yes... go ahead.

me : *trying real hard to not start laughing.... or dancing for that matter...* well....i had told you dad...anyway...i will bear with the delay now....by the way can i order a bluetooth mouse alongwith it?

dad : whatever you feel right.

me : victory!!!! :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 week later - 

status on dell website - order received ==> manufacturing build complete

ETA - one week from now.

me : @#$@$@#$@%#%^ corporate procedures. if i had had it assembled by my local supplier it would've come in 3 days! oh wait....dad DID suggest that.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND life craps right back in your face.. :-|
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...